Entering my twenties last year helped me realize that time stops for no one and life goes on no matter what. Being 20 years old is the beginning of true adulthood & it just goes uphill from there. Here are 40 things every 20-something year old should realize throughout the early stages of adulthood which may consist of struggle, wonder, and hard work. Take each small reason into consideration to start your journey up the hill with a prepped back pack and the correct hiking shoes!
1. Know Your Worth, Always!
2. Don’t Take Anything for Granted, Especially the People You Love.
3. Forgiveness Is For Your Well Being.
4. People Grow Apart.
5. Meditation Actually Works.
6. When You Find Love, Don’t Run Away.
7. Now Is The Time For Self-Care.
8. You’re Not As Alone As You Think.
9. Travel as Much as You Can While You’re Young!
10. You’re Allowed to Quit a Job You Hate.
11. Read More!
12. Being Kind Goes a Long Way
13. Believe In Yourself!
14. Don’t Get Back With Your Ex.
15. Make Mistakes, but most importantly learn from them.
16. You Actually Need to Start Thinking Ahead.
17. Don’t Waste Time Being Shy.
18. If You Really Want Something, Try Your Hardest To Get It!
19. You’re Allowed To Feel Lost At Your Age.
20. Work Hard, Play Hard.
21. Sex Gets Better.
22. Parents Only Want The Best For You.
23. Mean It When You Say ‘I Love You’
24. Online Dating isn’t Something you Should be Ashamed or Embarrassed of.
25. Remember You Are Still Very Young.
26. Face Your Problems.
27. Surround Yourself with Positive People, Not People who Try to Bring You Down.
28. Make Great Memories & Keep them well secure in Your Heart.
29. Don’t Feel Obligated To Do Anything But You.
30. Listen/Respect Your Elders.
31. Making a Mistake is Not the End of the World.
32. Don’t Let Anyone Tell You That You Can’t Do Something.
33. Trust Your Instincts.
34. You Aren’t going to have the Same Friends that you did in high school. But that’s alright.
35. You Don’t Need To Know Everything.
36. Things Can Fall Apart One Day But You Will Survive, Promise.
37. Do Not Be Afraid To Tell Someone You Are In Love With Him/Her.
38. Heartbreak Is Only Temporary, It Is Not going to Kill You Despite What You Might Think.
39. Your Dream Career May Not Be What You Do For The Rest Of Your Life.
40. Your Life Does Not Need To Be Figured Out Just Yet!